Thursday, August 4, 2016






I will always remember every single detail as if it were printed on my mind. The night when I attended the opening performance of Swan Lake at the Opera House in Paris will be my most memorable experience. The first ballerina was as magnificent as the swans in the narrow stream behind her on the stage. She was dancing with the same virtuosity these birds have when they swim. She was not the only ballerina but she was the one who had the same grace as the white creatures. I will always remember that smile she had on her face while she was executing every single step perfectly well. The violins were enhancing not only the majesty of the theater but also her movements. Every gesture was so accurate I did not know where to look but I was fascinated by her. She was not perfect but her slight imperfection made her performance so unique. She did not need to give everything she could to make her performance much more than remarkable. She was not so talented but she had something singular, some sort of purity.

She was not one of the best ballerinas ever but she was passionate about what she was doing. Before her, I had never seen anyone as passionate and every move she made was performed in a magical way.
It was much more than dancing, she was doing her best to achieve her goals and to enthrall the audience.

I learned from her that no matter what is happening in your life, no matter what you have been through, you must believe in yourself. If you do not do so, no one will do it for you. She was ready to strive completely to get what she wanted. So she was the perfect example for me. I had the opportunity to spend time with her on several occasions. Most of the time, I was so impressed by her maturity that I preferred to let her do what she wanted to do on her own even if I knew that it might not be a success. She had shown that she also knew how to persevere: indeed, she was used to fighting hard for her beliefs. 

I have watched her grow up and become who she is. She was the one who made me most proud. I was proud of her, I was proud of having shared with her everything I had. She was my daughter and she was the most important accomplishment in my life. Sometimes, some parents say that rapidly but I swore she was the person I admired most. I gave her everything I could to make her have the brightest life. We were not rich but that did not matter since we had that strength of temperament and we knew how to persevere and fight for the values we believed in. We loved each other more than anything else. 


I wanted to remember each particular detail of that night so I ordered this painting to pay tribute to her life. It was the moment in her life that she had most enjoyed. She, brandishing this sumptuous bouquet of pink and white flowers, was looking at me and she was proud of what she had done, and I was looking at her with pride for who she had become. I have never had the chance to see her as an adult but I have seen her fulfilled. This was all  I wanted to see before I died. I will remember every single detail as if it were printed on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment